Acrylic Nails At Home

Hey all!

I think it's best to start this post with a disclaimer that I am most definitely not a professional at this!
I've been doing my nails for a few months now, and chose to do them at home to save time (I live over an hour away from a salon, and 20 mins from the one person I know who does it in my town). And, of course, you can't ignore the major money saving point!

I am still learning all the tricks (a big thanks to my sis and mom for letting me practice on them!) But, with that said, most anyone could probably pull off the basics of this and save yourself some time and money if so desired!

Here's a list of the products I'm using so far. It's a bit of an investment from the get go, but after you have the basic supplies, it costs under $5 each time that you fill and the products last for months. One of my sisters and my mom split the cost of the supplies with me, as I have been doing their nails as well....so, keep that in mind if you have sisters or friends close by that want to try it too!

If you decide to invest in these products and give it a shot, hit me up if you need help, I'm happy to give a step by step tutorial.
I just You Tubed the process and kind of went for it :)
I chose not to invest a ton of time on a tutorial for this post just yet, not knowing for sure how many people will be seriously interested.
If I get lots of requests, I will post a tutorial!

These are all the basics you will need to get going-
I hope this helps the process if you've been considering doing your own nails!

Lastly, an fyi that when I go to test my links, if I don't open them in the Amazon App, it doesn't show that they are prime items. I usually only choose prime items, so try that if they aren't showing up with free shipping!


Gel Polish
More Gel Polish Color Favs
More Gel Polish Color Favs
Single Gel Polish - fun single summer color if you want to start small


Gel Base/Top Coat


UV Light - a bit spendy but don't go skimp, I tried that and the gel doesn't cure and its a pain! *back in stock in a couple days
Acrylic Brush
Monomer Dish



Nail Files  OR
Files & Buffers




Cuticle Cutter/Pusher

Tip Clippers

Nail Tips


Nail Glue
'''
Nail Brush - a toothbrush will also work for this step to save a few bucks

Nail Dremmel - must have if you want to remove you're gel polish color quickly & easily


Primer & Dehydrator
Pink Acrylic Powder
White Acrylic Powder
Powder/Monomer Set - this is the combo I originally got, but it's currently out of stock :(


Liquid Monomer
Items you will also need:
-Paper Towels
-Mask (if the monomer smell bothers you)
-Old towel

You can do this! Order from these links and make all your nail dreams come true ;)
 and save yourself a ton of money & time!


-Jessica






Comments

Popular Posts